Your web browser stores a lot of data, including your browsing history, cookies, and cache. This data can help you browse the web more quickly and efficiently, but it can also take up space on your computer and slow down your browser. If you’re running low on storage space or you’re experiencing performance issues, you may want to clear your browser’s cache.
To clear the cache in Opera, follow these steps:
- Open Opera.
- Click the Opera menu (three horizontal lines) in the top left corner of the window.
- Select “Settings.”
- In the left sidebar, click “Privacy & Security.”
- Under “Browsing data,” click “Clear browsing data.”
- In the “Clear browsing data” dialog box, select the “Cached images and files” checkbox.
- (Optional) Select other items that you want to clear, such as browsing history, cookies, and passwords.
- Click “Clear data.”
Opera will now clear your cache. You may need to restart your browser for the changes to take effect.
Why should you clear your cache?
There are a few reasons why you might want to clear your cache:
- To free up storage space on your computer.
- To improve your browser’s performance.
- To fix problems with websites that are not loading correctly.
- To protect your privacy.
When you clear your cache, you are deleting all of the temporary files that your browser has stored. This can free up storage space on your computer and improve your browser’s performance. It can also help to fix problems with websites that are not loading correctly.
In addition, clearing your cache can help to protect your privacy. When you visit a website, the website can store information about your visit in your browser’s cache. This information can include the pages you visited, the links you clicked, and the time you spent on the website. By clearing your cache, you can delete this information and protect your privacy.
How often should you clear your cache?
The frequency with which you should clear your cache depends on your individual needs. If you are concerned about storage space or performance issues, you may want to clear your cache more frequently. If you are concerned about privacy, you may want to clear your cache more often.
Generally speaking, it is a good idea to clear your cache at least once a month. This will help to keep your browser running smoothly and protect your privacy.