Windows 11 is the latest version of the Windows operating system from Microsoft. It was released in October 2021, and it offers a number of new features and improvements over Windows 10. If you’re running Windows 10, you can upgrade to Windows 11 for free.
To upgrade to Windows 11, you’ll need to make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements. These requirements are as follows:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster dual-core processor or system on a chip (SoC)
- RAM: 4 gigabytes (GB)
- Storage: 64 gigabytes (GB) available storage space
- System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable
- Display: 9 inches diagonal minimum HD (720p) display with 8 bits per color channel
- Graphics card: DirectX 12 compatible graphics card with WDDM 2.0 driver
- Internet connection: Internet access is required for some features
Once you’ve made sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements, you can follow these steps to upgrade to Windows 11:
- Open the Settings app.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Check for updates.
If Windows 11 is available for your computer, you’ll see a notification that says “Windows 11 is available. Learn more.”
- Click on Learn more.
You’ll be taken to a website where you can learn more about Windows 11 and the upgrade process.
- When you’re ready to upgrade, click on the Download now button.
The Windows 11 installation assistant will download and install Windows 11 on your computer. This process may take some time, so be patient.
Once the installation is complete, your computer will restart and you’ll be running Windows 11.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind when upgrading to Windows 11:
- Make sure that you have a backup of your important files before you upgrade.
- If you have any third-party software installed, make sure that it’s compatible with Windows 11 before you upgrade.
- You may need to update your drivers after you upgrade.
- You may need to re-install some of your apps after you upgrade.
If you have any problems upgrading to Windows 11, you can contact Microsoft support for help.